Sunday, November 4, 2012

This too shall pass... I hope sooner than later!


Today was overbooked again. It is really frustrating when this keeps happening. The morning is rough because we simply aren't fast enough to get all the patients done in that short amount of time. I feel it isn't helping me get faster, because I'm just so frustrated trying to get everything done, knowing there is another pt in an hour and all I have time for is an OD. We also may have found a mock board pt for Sierra. I hope that works out. I have heard a lot of stories about how we are more than just a dental hygienist when people come into our office. I'm talking about those pts who tell you their life story. The problem with my pt, is that he had a LOOOONNNG life. He really wanted me to know everything about everything. This made it really hard to work in his mouth. I didn't want to be rude, but at the same time, I didn't want him to keep talking. He kept talking about his friends and how most of them have passed away. He was younger than 50, so this was kind of sad. I didn't have any idea how to respond to anything he was saying. I tried really hard to not make it awkward, but I would try to keep talking so that I could work on his teeth. He even wanted to start getting into politics, which I don't really know anything about, but I tried to talk about it so that I could keep working. It was a very interesting day. I like the variety of pts that come into MT for a cleaning. They are all really interesting and I feel like I am learning something new with each pt. Although, not everything is related to dental, I still learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment