Sunday, November 4, 2012

Some People's Children...


What a day! I feel like I was running around without a head for a while. I saw 4 children.  3 in the morning  and 1 in the afternoon. I am very excited for the day when I can be in an office! The challenge that I faced today was x-rays. Children are hard to take radiographs on, and the sensor didn't help with it either.  Instructor Bunker taught me a few techniques that I haven't used. First, she taught me to have the children bite down in a smile, and to keep smiling. This worked so well. It made the children not open back up and move the sensor. Also, I could see where the bite tab was to line up the tube. Next, I learned to tell the child to breathe through their nose. I never thought about it before, because I've regularly taken x-rays on adults, who naturally just do that. The contacts would not open up for me today, so Instructor Bunker helped me by having me place the tube and she would move it slightly and they would be open. It was very frustrating day. Very busy in the morning with 3 children. I hope with practice and experience I can get faster and more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment