Sunday, November 4, 2012

Flu Season! :(


This week was very frustrating. First, one of the girls was sick so we went from being a little overbooked to really overbooked. On most days, I am pretty good about getting everything done in a reasonable amount of time. I am not as fast as I would like to be, but in all reality, it takes me about 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours to finish a 1B from start to finish, depending on the patient. Now we add into the mix a 1A in 3 and 1/2 hours total. Not to mention the charting that is not my strongest point either. My last patient did not leave my chair until 12:20 in the morning portion, and not until 4:30 in my second. I did not get to eat lunch because of the time restraints. Also, I did not leave until 5:30 because I had my charting to get done which I had patient after patient so I couldn't get any of it done before. I cannot wait to get into a real office so I don't have to probe a 13 year old. I feel like I am wasting a lot of time on things that don't need to be done, especially on the children I've been seeing. On the bright side, I finished my last patient of the day, which was a 1B, from start to finish in a little over an hour. I did miss some spots but overall, I did what I could and didn't second guess myself. I spent most of the time on OHI and I finished scaling in about 20 minutes. This is huge for me. It was definitely the highlight of my day. I definitely increased my skills on being faster and efficient at the same time.  Another high note, My x-rays are getting better. I only had to retake 2 out of the whole day because of closed contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment