Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stars are aligned!


            I can't believe we are already to half semester. The stars aligned this week and we were out early! Yes, I said early. To top it off, we all got to eat lunch. Timing has been a problem with me, so I asked a few of the other students in different classes how they get out on time. They let me know that they go by clinic times. With this, they set times for each patient to be out of their seat. If I have a patient at 9 and a patient at 10, I have 45 minutes to do what I can and get them out. I was under the impression that we had to finish each patient before we got another one. Maybe we should have spoken a little more about times when we started. That would have saved me a lot of frustration. On Wednesday, I saw  2 patients in the morning. The first ended up being another board patient! He was perfect! Not very much bone loss but still radiographic calculus like no one's business. I got the OD done on him for Marie to take him to the clinic on Thursday. I hope the professors up there agree with us that he would be perfect.

               Next, I had an older man who had mostly crowns on his teeth. He had a list of medications that he was on, which I really liked because then I didn't have to try to figure out how to spell them. He was a class II and had one pocket of a 7 on #25. It is so interesting when you are going along probing and then your probe just drops in a hole like that. I don't know if I will ever get used to it. I am getting a lot faster with everything and I like the patient variety here.

No comments:

Post a Comment