Sunday, November 4, 2012

Another Year

Well, another year has come around and I will be blogging on a weekly basis about something I have learned or done in each week. :) So here we go. This week was my first week at Midtown. This is the way we get experience and credit at the same time. Some go to the VA hospital and some go to Midtown. We will switch next sememster.


8.29.12
I had my first "no show". It was nice to not have to scramble to find a patient. There was lot of stress taken off, like in a real office setting. Instead of probing and scaling today, I learned a little more about the computer program. Open Dental computer system is a very different program from Eaglesoft. Although I really like that everything is paperless. Being CA was a great opportunity for the first day. Sierra's patient had a lot of medications he was taking, and a few lesions in the mouth. What I didn't know is there is no place on the periodontics page to chart lesions. It is in a completely different place. I was able to become more familiar with how the program works and how to best probe while by myself. After all was said and done, my patient not showing up was really a blessing in disguise.



No comments:

Post a Comment