Saturday, September 24, 2011

This might pinch just a little...

Well... when I am probing, it pinches a lot!
[[ you probably shouldn't be my pt. for a while]]

I had a hard time maneuvering the instrument
...apparently you aren't suppose to probe the lip.

We practiced on marshmallows for how hard to push and candy corn for the correct angel to hold it at.

Poor Misty, probably regretted her decision to let me probe her when I was digging around in her gums trying to find the correct angle.
="ouch" was her favorite word that day=

Reading the probe is really hard, because someone thought it would be a good idea to put a mm length on the probe so no one can read it without focusing really hard.

This is why the professors recommend buying loupes.

Problem with buying loupes: they are lots and lots of money. I have never seen a pair of glasses for $1000!!!
... plus you look like a weirdo when you wear them. :)
Positive about buying them: You can see what you are doing without compromising your body position.
All in all, I think probing will come with time and I am very excited for it to be that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment