Saturday, September 17, 2011

Can I feel your face real quick??

No... This isn't weird at all. Well... maybe a little.
This is an extra-oral exam that we do to check for anything that might be wrong, like cancer.
You feel the pt. face and neck down to the collar bones.
[[definitely have to talk to your pt, so they don't think you are going to do anything inappropriate]]
I am pretty familiar with the structures, it is just remembering them all as I'm going.
Another weird part is that if you don't feel anything, that means they are good.
The part I have a hard time with is feeling the sub lingual and sub mandibular nodes. You have to reach under their chin and grab the excess skin, pull it up and around the mandibular bone. Then you let it slip out from your hand and try to feel the node. I can get it after a few tries, so it's just working on getting it on the first try.
Tip: talk to the pt. and joke around a little bit, this will relax everyone. :)

1 comment:

  1. cute Leisa! :) I love this blog, and the title! hahaha. I'm so glad that we are in the program together, getting our free jambas the first day was my favorite. I'm sad I don't see you more though.

    ReplyDelete